Saturday, March 30, 2019

Cool it

After finishing filming now comes the editing. We are considering adjusting the color contrast in the shots. So I applied the same level of deep color contrast to all of the shots. This was in order to establish that dark tone that I wanted my world to be completely immersed in. A normal convention that a regular film would follow would be to let the colors be and to apply little to no effect to them I drastically changed each and every last one of my shots when I went into editing and got comfortable with the color contrasting effects in order to get them just right. Out of all the editing I did I consider this effect to be one of if not the most crucial because in order for my product to make the impact I wanted it to make I needed to show my audience how dark the future would be if we did not appreciate our similarities, forget our differences, and save the world that quite frankly is in a dire situation. Some may argue that a color contrast effect is not challenging convention rather it follows convention and perhaps that is true, but to the drastic level I did it. The level of color contrast my product is currently under is definitely rare to see. Along with adjusting the color contrast in our shots  we are considering lower the temperatures in the shots as well as that shares the same purpose to the product and that is to truly immerse the viewer in the dark world of a serial killer. I believe this effect however, has a better shot at making it to the final product because it is an effect the group seemed to like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Drum-roll please, here we have the film opening to Don’t Linger by Antonio Maya, myself Nicolas Pol, and Mark Murcanio please enjoy:  https:...