Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Confronting the oppressor

Don’t Linger confronts a very real social issue in today’s society. A social issue that has summoned perhaps the biggest and most impactful movement in the last decade, the me too movement. The me too movement is about oppression and how strong individuals are now breaking through that oppression. In our film Don’t Linger we have put an emphasis on this issue of an oppressor. Since I was in charge of the mise en scene I decided to challenge convention in a way that engages with the audience while confronting a very serious social issue. Oppression is often, oppression is quite, oppression is loud, and oppression can come from anyone. Anybody can be an oppressor. Since I am in charge of a very important aspect of the film opening I can decide how things look therefore I have decided to put a mask on the serial killer in effect emphasize that very crucial lesson. That anybody can be an oppressor, anybody can be behind the mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Drum-roll please, here we have the film opening to Don’t Linger by Antonio Maya, myself Nicolas Pol, and Mark Murcanio please enjoy:  https:...