Wednesday, March 13, 2019

I’m back

Looking at the storyboard I felt as if we needed to spice it up. I’ve always been a huge fan of the film franchise Terminator. I know the characters, sayings, plot, and even shots by heart. I purposed we have some robotic influence on the project. We had a quick discussion on whether Terminator should be considered be a horror film (it should be). The technique I proposed we could apply to our project was actually how Terminator 2 opened. We are considering utilizing a technique that made Terminator 2 an iconic film. It is a shot where a terminator steps on a skull. First it has a long shot of a vast wasteland. Then it focuses on a skull. Finally the camera pans up to reveal who had stepped and ultimately crushed the skull, a T-800 Model 101 or in layman's terms a terminator. Of course it will not be shot for shot copy. We will have sunglasses or a phone being stepped on, we will obviously not have a terminator instead we will have our film’s murderer, and our vast wasteland will be an abandoned house. In the Terminator 2 shot it reveals the terminator, I don’t believe it would really serve our purpose to reveal our murderer. Therefore, we would love to keep the mystery alive by not following exactly what Terminator 2 resulting in a film opening that will be influenced by red-eyed murderous robots, but in no way copied. I’ll be back, hasta la vista baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Drum-roll please, here we have the film opening to Don’t Linger by Antonio Maya, myself Nicolas Pol, and Mark Murcanio please enjoy:  https:...