Sunday, March 17, 2019

Fully recovered

I am fully recovered after being bedridden for the weekend and now back with my group considering exciting new options. We are pinning down our music selections. I know we are taking our time with our music. I know it is for a good reason, however as a good score adds so much quality to any film opening. Mark has brought up the idea of having two songs. I believe in the one song option. With Mark’s idea he believed it would be best suited if we had a pop song in the first, let’s say, 30 seconds. To introduce the murderer as a normal joe. Cooking or cleaning his knives with fun pop music in the background does do that. He said it would be best if we would then switch to classical music, this providing a creepier vibe unveiling the true monstrosity of the killing. However, I introduced the idea of not making the murderer a normal guy. Since the main character of our project is the killer we don’t want to make our main character a normal guy because I believe it would not be engaging enough. Thus if we just had one song, a classical song, we would make this individual more intriguing. Who is listening to classic music nowadays, murderers that’s who. Plus our professor has told me on several occasions to keep material on the screen simple as it makes it easier to comprehend to the audience and thus I believe having one song instead of two would simplify our product. After this discussion I saw what Mari Correa, another aice media studies student, had since published on her Snapchat profile. She was working on her project, she was filming actors. I thought to myself this might be something my group should consider. I never thought of looking for actors, but it might work for us as it would allow all group members to solely focus on directing. One song or two, actors or no actors I am truly exciting about getting healthy so I can further progress my project with my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Drum-roll please, here we have the film opening to Don’t Linger by Antonio Maya, myself Nicolas Pol, and Mark Murcanio please enjoy:  https:...